Memorial University Libraries invites interested
institutions to apply to host the WILU conference in 2016.
Procedures for Submitting a Proposal to Host WILU 2016
- The University or Chief Librarian or Director of Libraries of the interested institution will apply in writing by Monday, December 1, 2014, to Lorraine Busby, University Librarian, Memorial University Libraries.
- The proposal may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or sent by mail to:
Ms. Lorraine Busby
Memorial University Libraries
c/o Queen Elizabeth II Library
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John’s, NL
- Proposals will be approximately one page in length and should address the selection criteria.
- Normally, WILU travels back and forth across Canada to ensure that participants from all regions have an opportunity to attend without long-distance travel; however this pattern is flexible and all interested hosts will be considered.
- Institutions interested in hosting must have the support of their University or Chief Librarian or Director of Libraries.
- Applicants should demonstrate enough local interest to staff a conference committee.
- Institutions should have suitable conference facilities.
- Institutions must be able to offer all delegates accommodations, either on campus or in the vicinity of the conference facilities.
- In the case of multiple applicants for the same year, preference may be given to institutions who have never hosted WILU or who have hosted it less recently than others.
Please refer to the WILU History page for an overview of WILU values and past conference themes.
Successful applicants will be notified by December 15, 2014.
- To assist with planning WILU 2016, documentation from WILU 2015 will be shared with the successful applicant.
- The Chair or Co-Chairs of WILU 2016 will become members of the WILU 2015 planning committee.
- The Chair or Co-Chairs of WILU 2016 will be expected to attend WILU 2015 in St. John’s.